The ankle injury is one of the most common causes. If you suffer from pain in the ankle and not realize to timely prescribe a treatment, arthritis will lose the ability to move and operate.
Ankle pain is one of the most common manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis. People suffering from ankle pain are often accompanied by the following symptoms:
– Red swollen ankles;
– Difficult to walk due to pain.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammation of the joints, causing pain and injury to many different joints including ankle. If the disease is more heavy, large joints will be paralyzed. The preponderance will make the joints complete loss of function.
Symptoms and signs
Symptoms of the foot and ankle swelling will usually depend on the cause. Usually, swelling is caused by:
– Stasis room in the body due to some pathology;
– Side effects of the drug;
– Clogged lymph vessels.
Swelling of the legs usually starts at the toes, then spread to the ankle, usually within a few hours. Some other accompanying signs include:
– When you press your finger on the swelling, the pressed skin will be concave down in finger marks, a figure later that skin back swollen condition as before;
– Socks or shoes left traces on skin are the earliest signs of swelling;
– Changing the color of the skin is quite common. The skin turns red. The concave skin is often darker than the skin swelling around. In many cases, you only need to lift a foot up higher position of the heart, and after a few hours, the swelling will disappear completely;
The symptoms of gout include red with pain and the warm sensation in the big toe. Sometimes it can be symptoms of arthritis;
Swelling in the feet and ankles during pregnancy (usually after 20 weeks) might be the first symptom is noted in women with pre-eclampsia;
When having ankle pain, you can’t play your favorite sport because these operations using the ankle as much as painful for you. In addition, the movement of patients not as fast and flexible as before.
Ankle pain can change the posture and gait of sick people, causing them to walk in a difficult way to ease the pain. Moreover, joint pain can spread to the other joints of the body like the knees and hips. So, if you understand the causes and complications of ankle pain, you will appreciate its importance and timely treatment, so that could improve your daily activities.
When should you see a doctor?
You should go to see a doctor right away if:
– You suffer from heart disease or kidney disease and swollen ankles is heavier;
– You have a history of liver disease and feel pain in the ankle joint suddenly;
– Legs and feet are red with swelling to status, can feel warm when touching;
– You suffer from fever;
– You are pregnant and feet be swollen extraordinary.
In addition, if self-treatment does not reduce swelling of the feet or the swelling status is heavier, you should also see arthritis doctor immediately for advice and treatment.