Due to different causes, many children can suffer foot pain when developing. If your child is calling for pain in the feet, can that is the pain caused by the heel bone is growing, there are problems in the feet as disabled as flatfeet, or possibly due to older shoes don’t fit.
Ankle and foot pain often occurs in children from seven to eight years due to the child at this age have a high activity level and running throughout the day. Parents can cure foot pain for a child at home with the following treatments:
1. Buy coasters shoes into the shoes of the young set.
If that shoes cause foot pain the child, you can buy shoe inserts to create more comfort for the child. Footwear insoles help lift the heel and reduce foot pain as sore and stiff base.
If your child complains of pain when going a certain pair of shoes, you should remove and replace more appropriate shoes. Ensure that children must have appropriate shoes when playing sports or the outdoors to the child’s feet are well supported while campaigning much.
2. Try R.I.C.E. method
If the child’s feet ache after a day of activity, you can try using R.I.C.E method: Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. This approach may help treat pain in several hours or overnight. Here is how:
- To give young legs and feet a break, stay active.
- Towel-wrapped bags of ice or bags of frozen peas and put underneath the heel. Apply each 20 minutes, 10 minutes breaks between batches before put up instep.
- Belt (like ACE bandages) tape around the foot to reduce swelling. The ice pressed the need to fasten but not too tight to hinder blood circulation to the feet.
- Stats by placing the foot high up pillow or folded blanket laminated. This helps to reduce pain and swelling.
- Taking pain medications not prescribed if needed. Pediatricians often recommend taking ibuprofen to ease the pain temporarily.
3. Find the specialist care if after several days in which the child does not run out of foot pain.
If you have tried to apply the treatment at home but the child still persistent pain, you should see your doctor. Usually the pediatrician or physician orthopedic trauma can cure foot pain. In some cases,you will be introduced to the surgeon of the foot and the ankle or foot specialists.
Foot specialists will help determine the causes of pain and intensive training to treat the disk growth, bone and soft tissue in the foot of the developing young.
4. Buy the healing ointment tinea pedis.
Your doctor may prescribe anti-fungal powders or lotions if your child was diagnosed tinea pedis. Babies should be treated with anti-fungal products for about 4 weeks, and then continue taking one more week again even after seems to have healed to completely exclude tinea pedis.
You also switch to using for all absorbent to electrodes. This will prevent new development and disease-causing fungus tinea pedis. You should also avoid shoes made for confidential material such as vinyl, slightly because the steam pumpkin status can increase the moisture in the foot and create conditions for the fungi thrive.